The Young Ideators Festival is an ideathon where we discover and recognise innovative & novel ideas of children between ages 8 and 18 in 3 major categories- Tech, Science & Creativity & Personality. You may showcase any of your ideas, creations or products, that you might have already worked on or exhibited somewhere under each category and guiding theme.
The ideathon shall be split into two age groups—8 to 13-year-olds & 14 to 18-year-olds. Candidates can either participate as an individual or as a team. They shall choose a topic based on the guiding themes. They can also associate with external mentors or professionals in the phase of creating it.
The Guiding Themes for Technology are as follows
- Tech for social good (general)
- Tech for energy & environment
- Tech for mobility, transport & automotive
- Tech for sports
- Tech for home
- Tech for life (Plants, Animals)
- Tech for health
- Tech for social security & safety and natural disaster
- Tech for media & entertainment
- Tech for Design (Ex: Fashion, Retail)
- Tech for History, Culture, Tradition
Participants can choose any of the guiding themes mentioned above and create a solution & submit it as a Document, Presentation, Art, Writing, Video Footage, Prototype or Working product. They should also submit their school identification.
The shortlisting of participants will happen on 3 Levels:
- Level 1: On the 10th of December the shortlisting of 100 submissions from 3 categories (33 from each category & 1 from any of the 3 categories) will be done by the panellists through reviewing the submissions.
- Level 2: On the 16th of January, the panellists will shortlist 30 submissions from 3 categories (10 from each category) through a round of pitching their solution.
- Level 3: On the 10th of February the shortlisting of the top 3 solutions (1 from each category) by the panellist go through a round of on-ground pitching (review by the panellist will be online, but you will be presenting the solutions offline).
- Individuals or teams stand a chance to secure the rewards & prizes, so bring your best solutions, everyone!
Also, note that you can work on any specific problems around these themes. Problems that do not fall under any specific themes can be submitted through the general (Technology for social good) theme.
- You can either participate as an individual or as a team
- A team can have a maximum of 3 participants
- If you're participating as a team, make sure to add the details of all the members while registering for the challenge
- You can participate in any/ all of the 3 Categories (you need to apply separately)
- Click on "Apply Now" on the challenge landing page and fill in all the details
- Choose any of the guiding themes from the list of topics mentioned
- The solutions shall be submitted as a Document, Presentation, Art, Writing or Video Footage along with their school identification.
- The application will be closed on the 5th of January and the submissions will be closed on the 7th of January
- Level 1: 10th December 2022
- Level 2: 16th January 2023
- Level 3: 10th February 2023
The points are split into 4 parts:
- 20% weightage would be given for the problem identification (The relevance, the need, etc)
- 25% weightage would be given for the ideation (Model, Planning, Practical Aspects, etc)
- 25% weightage would be given for the idea presentation (Documentation/ Video/ writings/ Presentation/ Prototype/ Product)
- 30% weightage would be given for the quality and perfection of the idea (More effort = more value)
Submit your Solution